Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Kitchen Cabinets Part 6





This week we add the doors to the upper cabinets and then glue them to the walls of our little kitchen corner.

The first step is to put the doors onto the cabinets, simply because it is a lot easier to do this step before we attach them to the walls. It could be done after hanging them but it is my opinion that before is better.

I didn't spend a lot of time on how to make the doors because I did them exactly like I did for the bottom doors and drawer fronts. You can find that video here.

I suggest cutting out some doors from some scrap paper and trying different sizes until you are happy. I found I liked mine to be 1/8” shorter than the cabinets are so for the long ones 2 7/8”. Use whatever size you like best for your kitchen. Remember it is just paper so play around until you are happy.

This week I used the wallpaper border paste to attach the doors, it was the glue that was drying the best in my cold craft room. I think the outside temperature that day was right around 40° F and the humidity was at 97% so drying times were a lot longer than normal. My craft areas are on the far end of the house furthest from the heat source so those rooms tend to be a lot colder than the main part of the house.

Once you are happy with the doors it is time to glue the cabinets in place on the walls. I found that my normal tacky glue worked just fine for this step.



That is all we are doing this week. I hope we can finish the cabinets in one or two more weeks. Then we will move onto the stove. After all what good is a kitchen without a stove?


No comments:

Post a Comment