Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Refrigerator Part 1







A while back we made the corner roombox and at that time I told you the main reason I was building that roombox was to give me a good backdrop to photograph the projects I make for tutorials. Since a lot of what I do make is food and/or kitchen related I decided to make a set of kitchen pieces so that I can turn that roombox into a kitchen for photos. You can use these same pieces in your dollhouse or roombox to create a kitchen.


This week we are going to start making a refrigerator for the dollhouse. I have once again created a PDF pattern for the project and it can be found here: page 1 pattern and page 2 pattern.


Be sure to print these pages at 100% on standard 8 ½” by 11” printer paper and also check the test square in the bottom corner (it should measure exactly 1”)


For this project you will need:

the pdf pattern
paperboard (cracker or cereal box)
foamcore
white poster board
cardstock in the color you want your finished refrigerator to be (mine is white)
2 cocktail straws
tacky glue
glue stick
scissors
craft knife
straight edge
cutting mat
safe gluing surface
skinny sticks
1/16” by 1/16” strip wood
white paint
double sided tape
clamps as needed
something to cut the stripwood

Note: I have a horrid feeling I am forgetting something but I have gone over everything and can't figure out what I forgot for the list. I will correct it as I figure it out.

This project is similar to the microwave we made last week in several ways. I tried to make it as easy as possible and still give you a project you could be proud of when completed. Sorry the video got so long, I tried to find a logical spot to cut it but couldn't find a spot that made sense. I will try next week to be more aware of how long I am filming and keep it shorter.


I think I went over the steps pretty thoroughly in the video. If you have questions feel free to ask.

The following pictures I hope will help to clarify where I made the cuts for the door cover and also the placement of the supports inside the refrigerator.
straws glued in place
cuts at the corner of the door covering

ignore that I have my placement line for center divider in the wrong place

supports in place



shelves in place


Next week we will get the doors on and the interior shelves in place. I am not sure at this point if we will finish completely next week or if we will be having a part 3 for this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment