Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Trash to Treasure Books




This week for Trash to Treasure I thought it would be fun to make some books to fill the bookshelves. These books are intended to be filler either to fill the space until you get enough books to fill your shelves or to fill in bookshelves in projects that require a lot of books. I know I love to have real books in my projects but in reality it just isn't practical to try fill all the shelves that way.

I think these would be really good in either a book store scene or a library, especially if you some shelves that are more in the back of the room.

I wanted to show the books in my bookshelf but I have no idea what scene I have it placed in or if it is in a box between scenes. I didn't have time look for it today either. I am sure you get the idea of how these will look.

To find the pictures of books just go to Google Images and search for bookshelves you should get a bunch of pictures to choose from. Remember if you do this that you can't sell the books or any project with them in it because the photo belongs to someone else. This is only for your own use.

Once you find the picture you want to use save it to your computer and re size it to just a tiny bit shorter than the space between the shelves of your bookshelves. I then opened up a document in my word processor and added multiple copies of my photos and printed on good quality paper.

For the backing of your books you need some paperboard- you know a box from crackers or cereal of something like that.

Cut strips of the paperboard to the size of you finished books, cut out your printed pictures of the books, glue them onto the paperboard (leave room at the end for an area to fold back) then when the glue dries do the scoring and you have books!


I told you it was easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment