Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Visit to Heirlooms Dollhouse Miniatures & More




This week's video is a bit different from what I usually bring you. I got the opportunity to visit a local miniature shop and I decided to take all of you with me! So here is what is in store you today.

I hope you enjoy our visit to Heirlooms Dollhouse Miniatures & More.

The first thing we are going to do is sit down and have a short chat with Wendy who owns this lovely store. We talk about miniatures, her store and the area where the shop is located.


Next we are going to step into the classroom and listen in for a few moments to a doll making class that was taking place while we were there. The class was being taught by Dana from Miniature Art. Be sure to take a side trip to her website to see the beautiful dolls she creates.

As a bonus Dana, did a quick tutorial for all of you on how to curl doll hair! That was so nice of her and I had no idea she would offer until we got there.

I do want to introduce you to this little guy, this is Tip the official shop dog. He is a darling little guy and makes sure everything is running as it should.










Heirloom Dollhouse Miniatures & More is located in the community of Aurora Oregon. Just a short drive south of Portland. Aurora is rich with history and simply filled with antique stores. There are even some delightful cafes where you can grab a bite eat. There are lots of very old houses to look and the history of the area is unique. You can learn more about the area here.

As for the miniature store, Wendy has a Facebook page where you can learn more details including hours and directions to the shop.

I want to take a moment here to thank a few people that made this post possible. First Wendy for allowing us to come into her shop and set up cameras. Next Dana for letting us take a peek at her class as it was going on. And finally my son Erik, he was the guy behind the camera today. He even got up an hour earlier than he normally does so that we could get this done today.

Please enjoy the pictures that Erik took.







































And now some photos around the town of Aurora.








2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour! It looks like a fun place to visit. Great post and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I could get lost in there, I loved looking at the houses

    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete