Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Dollhouse Miniature Folded Clothing


This week I am working on something that was requested a while back, some clothes that are folded so you can put them in the drawers of the dresser or stack then wherever you need them.



This is a fun project and really easy because there is no sewing involved at all.

The first time I saw these was in a swap I received probably about 15 or more years ago. I was very intrigued by the idea and set about to figure out how to make them. I am really happy with my version and I hope you are too.

Before we start we need to pick our fabric. This can be tricky because we need to keep scale in mind. Of course you can stick with solid colors then you don't have to worry about it. Just keep your eyes open for tiny prints. For this project I do recommend using a 100% cotton because it takes to ironing very well and also glues well.

To start we need two pieces of fabric the first one cut 2 ½” by about 6”. the second one needs to be aout 1” by 2”. We also need a piece of cardstock that is cut 7/8” by 1 ¼” (I know I said the size wrong in the video-sorry)

The steps in the video are pretty easy to follow, Just take your time and be careful working with the hot iron.

If you are not familiar with the paper backed fusible web it does make life so much easier when doing projects like these. I use it all the time and always have some on hand. Just be careful not to get the glue part on the iron. That is a huge mess and not fun to clean up.

The other tools you will need are some glue (I used Tacky) , scissors, a toothpick (to apply the glue) and a hole punch (1/16”) for the optional buttons.

I hope you enjoyed the project. Remember to let me know if you make any of my projects I love to see what you are working on. Send me pictures if you can either on the Facebook group (the link is always in the video description), here on the blog, or you can email them to me here. 



2 comments:

  1. I cannot find how to see the video, there is no link
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, I must have forgotten to add the link. I just got home and I fixed it.

      Delete